Training 2020/2021 - What's On
Show Jumping with Mary Baillie at Downe Farm, Witheridge, EX16 8QF
Show Jumping with Mary Baillie at Downe Farm, Witheridge
To be held in the large arena over a full set of show jumps
Heights to suit all abilities
£20 per person for an hour session
Friday 17th September 3pm onwards PAYMENT REF - 'NAME' + SEPT
Friday 15th October 3pm onwards PAYMENT REF - 'NAME' + OCT
Friday 12th October 3pm onwards PAYMENT REF - 'NAME' +NOV
Please contact Nicky Day to book firstname.lastname@example.org and detail the height you are jumping at on booking and any specific time request.
Summer Use of The Paxtons' Field, Rackenford (FOR MEMBERS ONLY)
The Paxton family welcome all members to use the field as individuals. To use jumps and or arena please book in with Mary Paxton by phone on 07549 698576 (a message can be left on this phone saying which day and the time you want to use the field). Use only Mary's mobile no. to book, you MUST pre book 24 hours in advance. DO NOT use the landline or email, Mary will confirm your booking by text message if no answer. Social distancing and covid group guidelines must be adhered to.
You can bring your own instructor but NEVER come alone. When booking please let Mary know the names of everyone attending so that the track and trace system can be used if needed. Anyone using the field should also tell someone else so that there is back up if contact tracing is necessary. Everyone must bring sanitiser and sanitise their hands upon arrival and you MUST BRING YOUR OWN GLOVES for handling any equipment.
You must also BRING YOUR OWN FIRST AID for both you and your horse.
Parking is outside the gateway or in the layby in the road ONLY. If anyone has a problem with this eg. a young or nervous horse etc. you may be able to arrange off road parking with Mary.
There will be no toilet facilities so please bring whatever you need, no peeing in the hedge!
The field is available for use by Witheridge Riding Club members only and they ride/compete at their own risk.
But when using our field can you please follow our simple rules.............
· Firstly it is a stock farm and there will be sheep in the field on some occasions... so please shut all gates at all times.
· If in doubt regarding field conditions due to bad weather please ring and check with me on my mobile 07549 698576 even if you have booked in.
· Please move arena if and when necessary and always leave a schooling arena up with the corners and white boards in place after use. Several members hack up to use the field for schooling and don't want to have to build an arena each time.
· You can use other flat areas of the field if the arena is getting cut up, but please take care with the sheep and don't canter all over the place. If you want a good canter please use the bridle path (this goes down field next to the schooling field) .. again please keep to it not do not gallop round the fields.
· If you use any letters please pull them up and put them back under the hedge .. or the lambs wear them as necklaces.
· Please do not leave poles in schooling area ... they need to be put back under the hedge as do the fillers.
· Do not use plastic poles for trot/schooling work ......they break if trodden on so there are some wooden ones in the show jumping area especially for this.
· Please leave show jumping area tidy any spare poles etc. put back under hedge neatly.