Training 2020/2021 - What's On
Beginner SJ with Sian Brown
Following the popular sessions at Mill Barton, by kind permission of David and Caroline Lowes we are going to carry on with a couple in the Arena, then we will try some on grass !!!! So to start with :
Friday 25th June, from 11am. Friday 16th July from 11am.
Cost £16 per rider for shared one hour lesson.
Please email email@example.com or call 07510317525
Please do not pay until I have confirmed places
Show Jumping with Mary Baillie at Downe Farm, Witheridge, EX16 8QF
Show Jumping with Mary Baillie at Downe Farm, Witheridge
To be held in the large arena over a full set of show jumps
Heights to suit all abilities
£20 per person for an hour session
Friday 9th July 3pm onwards PAYMENT REF - 'NAME' + JULY
Friday 13th August 3pm onwards PAYMENT REF - 'NAME' + AUG
Please contact Nicky Day to book firstname.lastname@example.org and detail the height you are jumping at on booking and any specific time request.
Cross Country Schooling at Southcott, Winkleigh - Saturday 17th July - with Mary Baillie
£27 per person for 1.5hour session of groups max. 4
Contact Nicky to book - / 07809 262218
Heights to suit all - please specify height on booking to match groups
FLATWORK LESSONS WITH LOUISE HUTCHINSON
AT DENSDON FARM
By kind permission of Sophie and Steve Marshall
WEDNESDAY 23RD JUNE 4PM START (APPROX)
SUNDAY 25TH JULY 10AM
SATURDAY 31ST JULY 10AM
Lessons to be in pairs £20 each or private £35
Please book with me, Sophie Marshall 07532 185416 or email@example.com And let me know what level you are riding at, so I can pair accordingly.
All training must be paid in advance by BACS to HSBC Bank, Sort Code 40-27-56, Account 20019356, Witheridge Riding Club with Ref …Your NAME Followed by LOUISE1 for the 23rd, LOUISE2 for the 25th and LOUISE3 for the 31st. CLOSING DATE FOR PAYMENT IS 3 DAYS BEFORE
Densdon Farm is off the Witheridge to Rose Ash road, 1 mile from Ash Moor Nursery/British Hen Welfare Trust/The Rose Ash mast. The arena is sand and fibre, 25m x 45m and is fully fenced. parking will be on grass.
Summer Use of The Paxtons' Field, Rackenford (FOR MEMBERS ONLY)
The Paxton family welcome all members to use the field as individuals. To use jumps and or arena please book in with Mary Paxton by phone on 07549 698576 (a message can be left on this phone saying which day and the time you want to use the field). Use only Mary's mobile no. to book, you MUST pre book 24 hours in advance. DO NOT use the landline or email, Mary will confirm your booking by text message if no answer. Social distancing and covid group guidelines must be adhered to.
You can bring your own instructor but NEVER come alone. When booking please let Mary know the names of everyone attending so that the track and trace system can be used if needed. Anyone using the field should also tell someone else so that there is back up if contact tracing is necessary. Everyone must bring sanitiser and sanitise their hands upon arrival and you MUST BRING YOUR OWN GLOVES for handling any equipment.
You must also BRING YOUR OWN FIRST AID for both you and your horse.
Parking is outside the gateway or in the layby in the road ONLY. If anyone has a problem with this eg. a young or nervous horse etc. you may be able to arrange off road parking with Mary.
There will be no toilet facilities so please bring whatever you need, no peeing in the hedge!
The field is available for use by Witheridge Riding Club members only and they ride/compete at their own risk.
But when using our field can you please follow our simple rules.............
· Firstly it is a stock farm and there will be sheep in the field on some occasions... so please shut all gates at all times.
· If in doubt regarding field conditions due to bad weather please ring and check with me on my mobile 07549 698576 even if you have booked in.
· Please move arena if and when necessary and always leave a schooling arena up with the corners and white boards in place after use. Several members hack up to use the field for schooling and don't want to have to build an arena each time.
· You can use other flat areas of the field if the arena is getting cut up, but please take care with the sheep and don't canter all over the place. If you want a good canter please use the bridle path (this goes down field next to the schooling field) .. again please keep to it not do not gallop round the fields.
· If you use any letters please pull them up and put them back under the hedge .. or the lambs wear them as necklaces.
· Please do not leave poles in schooling area ... they need to be put back under the hedge as do the fillers.
· Do not use plastic poles for trot/schooling work ......they break if trodden on so there are some wooden ones in the show jumping area especially for this.
· Please leave show jumping area tidy any spare poles etc. put back under hedge neatly.